Monday 11 July 2016

A trip down memory lane | Mount Kinabalu Park, Borneo

It's been a while, I'm finally home ( weird because technically I'm writing this in Singapore but you get the point. I'm narrating. Moving on..)

The days went by and I practically just shut myself at home. Literally left the house only to run errands and a lil bit of work outs. But basically just relishing being back home.

This trip to Mt Kinabalu Park was a great getaway, I was able to witness the majestic sight of the mountain post earthquake as well as just spending some quality time with the parents. Without further ado, here's some of the pictures I got whilst up there in the midst of nature and it's beauty.



My dad brought us to this trail that apparently was the trail he used to bring my siblings and I to when we were kids. This is the stream that flows along a bridge at the main entrance to the trail. 



Everything just looks, so
Green. 


Oh, dad found this ant or termite trail and I thought it was pretty gross! Ha, I hate little crawly things. 


Dad was fascinated with the roots that provided natural steps for the trail



Green. Again.




Introducing my beautiful Omma! 



My witty Abba!
( Randomly picks up branches and asks ' Do I look like a deer?' )






No trip can be complete without a SELFIE



And, finally. Mount Kinabalu.

Scars from the recent earthquake that sent landslides, boulders and loose rocks crashing down the mountain side destroying anything in its path as well as taking some precious lives. Till this day I can't imagine such heartbreaking event to have ever occurred so close to home. 
As a child I've always looked up and saw The mountain sitting so majestically swathed with trails of pearly white clouds, the pride of our land. Now, as we look upon her scars it'll bring a new sense of emotions, different for each individual and as for me, it'll be a heartfelt respect for nature and what has came from it. To know that we don't own nature but we're just mere beings that gained a temporary gift to dwell in this earth we can call Home.
Mount Kinabalu will forever be sat on her throne, looking upon the city of Kota Kinabalu. And we can always look up from wherever we are and remember,
 Tinggi-tinggi Gunung Kinabalu, Tinggi lagi sayang sama Kamu. 




No comments:

Post a Comment