Sunday 9 October 2016

Singapore | That country that's killin it






Summer. A season I long for every start of the term. A period of time where I eagerly anticipate.

After not being back home for almost 2 years, it was time to head back home. Finals was over, the process of packing commenced and soon it was time to head back home. But before that, I made a cheeky stop to Dubai because why not. More about Dubai in my previous post here .

Long story short, I spent about 3 weeks back home before heading off to the tiny island, a dot on the world map but an incredible country known as Singapore.

So there I was, in Singapore. It felt familiar, like home, but it wasn't. This time I wasn't a traveller, I was not there for just a few days. This time, I was an Intern. Living, breathing, and adapting to the hustle and bustle of this economy powerhouse.

Not going to bore you with the in depth details of my time in Singapore because, there wasn't much that went on. But here are some of the highlights of my 2 months there.

Joined the Singapore Ultimate Open (SUO) 2016. Twas a random decision to join a team with a bunch of random international people who throughout the weekend displayed why ultimate frisbee is such an incredible sport that unites everyone.

Probably the best part of the tourney was playing against former team mates from the UK! and also an AUDL player. YAAAAS

Saturdays were one of the days that I looked forward to the most. Beach pickup in Sentosa. 3 things I love the most all in one. Beach. Sea. Frisbee. My life is complete. Big shout out to the pickup people who graciously allowed me to be a part of their training's, games and hangouts <3

Where should one go to be immersed in nature? MacRitchie Reservoir pretty much checks the box in most areas in terms of scenery, trails and wildlife bearing in mind that this place is (man made). A lovely refreshing getaway from the city with my friend Nicole.



Something work related! Had the chance to visit a site where one of the many MRT tunneling work was in being carried out. 30m below ground, standing in the midst of giant machinery. Such a humbling and incredible experience.




Singapore's National Day fireworks display was pretty awesome, albeit rather short. 



One of the place I frequent to chill at night. Good vibes. Good food and Good company.



Singapore Night Festival. Live music, hipster food and drinks all night.


I love the creative aspect of art. But when I had to wait 2 and half hours in a queue to enter a 6 by 6 ft room to see a couple of dangling lights and mirrors. I found myself questioning the mere existence of life. But here it is, the Shower thoughts. It was, pretty cool.


This out of the world Gardens by the bay. Felt like I was transported into a different realm. 

Pretty much sums up what I did in Singapore. Not to mention the people I've met along the way. Friends that I've reconnected with and also family members that I had the chance to meet up with. I feel immensely blessed beyond words with the kindness I've been shown and the opportunities that I was given. To the people that made my stay in Singapore an unforgettable one. Much love!

   
  
                            

To seek is to not be content with where one is,
To seek is to dream that there is more. 
-Travis Rice

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you are doing a fabulous job with your work. I am so much impressed with the creative part you did with pictures. We are a Accommodation Student consultant in Singapore - University Living. We often get queries from students about the lifestyle and culture of Singapore. I will bookmark your blog and I will surely recommend your channel to the students who need help

    Thanks
    luxury private student accommodation singapore

    ReplyDelete