Thursday 12 December 2013

Happy anniversary!

To be honest.... I don't think that I qualify to write about what I'm about to write so bear with me.

Marriage 

Definition: The formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.

Worldly terms: Let's get married, see what it's like. If it doesn't work out then it's not meant to be.

Faith based: The union of a man and woman as one in flesh. One in unity, one in essence (as in family), one in purpose, and one in mind.

So what's your opinion on marriage? Everyone has their own opinion and definition of marriage. Here's mine.

Why do people get married? Why do some marriages work and some fail? It's a question you wouldn't find asking yourself often. But sometimes I do wonder about these questions. People date, they get married, have kids..yada yada. Seems so simple but the truth is. It's not. Personally, I think marriage is a scary thing. It's not something you should just jump right in to. 
I would like to think of marriage as something that you commit to for the rest of your life to that one significant one whom you love. Through thick and thin. It's a special moment when the woman is handed over to the man by her father as they begin a new life together. Their personal vows would be what binds their hearts as one. A promise of a life time to each other and to God.
Here's an analogy of marriage: 

“When two people get married, it’s for better or for worse, like joined salt and pepper. For richer or for poorer. In sickness and in health. If you pull them apart, you’ll break either one or both of them. God made marriage to be for life.”

When I think of this analogy, I think of my parents. No marriage under the skies are perfect, I know this for a fact. Mum and dad, they've been through tough times I'm sure, but they stuck through it raising and providing for 3 children. Now that's one tough job to do. If we were to trade shoes and I be in my mums position, I'd be scared as hell. I think I'd have given up a long time ago. But no. My mum, she's an awesome mum. Not that I'm obligated to say such things because I'm her daughter but, honest to God she's the most kind and caring person I know. Credits to my grandmother who raised her into who she is today. My dad always tells me 'You are lucky to have such a great mother'. Sometimes I take that for granted, but when I look back at the sacrifices she made. I can see why.
As for my dad, he's the king of sarcasm. Witty and random. There's a young boy trapped in him, I guess he had to grow up way too soon. When it comes to family, he works hard. Sometimes too hard. But if he didn't I don't think I'd be sitting comfortably in this room writing this blog post now in the UK. So I'm forever grateful.
Mum and Dad are completely different people in character and background but they work as one and their main priority has always been family. So today, I'd like to dedicate this blog post to you two! And congratulate you both on another year and counting of marriage HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Thank you for loving each other and for your selfless love for us!

Here's something I wrote for you guys =) Hope you like it!

They soar above the heavenly skies,
With wings outstretched there she lies, 
May it be that when she cries,
Their bond be strengthen with loving ties.

The grey reminds of how he toils, 
Though the world may make him boil,
Where fingers and thoughts start to coil, 
She be there to give him joy.

Gracious God up above,
May your mercy fall with Love,
Bestow on them peace like a dove,
To them who provided a loving cove.


I Corinthians 13:7 “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

1 comment:

  1. Aww!!! This blog post is so awesome. Can feel how heartfelt it is!

    ReplyDelete