Thursday 27 June 2013

Foodie | Simple Lobster Salad ♥


Hey guys! Hope you’re all doing well!

Today's post will be about a recipe I've discovered recently. 
Quick question! Have you guys ever find yourself with food in your fridge that you have no idea how to cook/ prepare?
Well, I have! It's weird because I don't normally have Lobsters. What more it's been sitting in my kitchen freezer doing absolutely nothing. Cause it's dead. Anyway! With the permission of my mum, I decided to embark on an expedition to find a recipe that's simple to do. And I found this recipe! 

          *Drum rolls * 

~ Lobster cucumber apple salad ~ 

First of all. The star of the dish! Lobster! as well as 
its supporting acts Apples and Cucumber. I used 
green apples and it works fine. I bought Taiwanese 
cucumber but the ordinary ones would do well too.


Before everything else, it is important to boil the lobster in a pot/wok of salt WATER!
Let it boil for about 15-20 minutes.


While the lobster is cooking away, it's time to prepare the salad!
All you have to do is thinly slice in this case I used a grater to get thin layers of
the cucumber.


Next, season with salt and sugar.


Add a couple table spoons of Apple cider vinegar. Mix well and 
leave it in the refrigerator.



Once the lobster is cooked, remove the meat from the shell!  
Leave it to cool before trying to remove the meat. Or else you'll end
up with sore fingers!


Season the lobster meat with salt and pepper.
Next add the yogurt just enough to coat, lemon juice and lemon zest.



Give it a little taste to ensure everything is right.



And Serve it up! With some sliced apples!






 That’s all for today, hope y’all enjoy this! Let me know if there’s anything I should improve on and try it out yourself!

Alexis <3 

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment